Designed for the busy clinical environment, advanced data mining and image analysis tools do the hard work of identifying and reporting problem areas. The web-based user interface with its expert tools will guide you to the underlying cause of any problems and potential solutions.
Real-time monitoring of clinical image quality and patient X-ray dose is now possible through a connection to the www.MyXrayDose.com cloud.
Management of clinical image performance, monitoring radiation-related risks and meeting regulatory dose reporting requirements is now under your control and at your fingertips.
One or more of our DICOM compliant DoseNodes are installed within your organisation to continuously analyse image quality, extract dose and technique data and securely send to a central database. No images leave the site, and patient records are de-identified to hospital number, date of birth and sex.
We take the data through a secure connection, categorize it with our Coding Service, do the in-depth analysis using our Physics and Statistics engines. Access to the data is available through the analysis tools on the website or by subscription to emailed reports summarizing dose and image quality performance as often as you would like.
Establishing benchmarks for patient dose and image quality in a complex medical environment requires large volumes of data to be correctly categorised and evaluated. We do the science to provide you with an easy to understand dashboard view of your image quality and dose performance compared to industry norms.
We provide you with the ability to create a watchlist for monitoring image quality and patient doses for a particular study or series. Quickly identify outliers and units not meeting the predefined image quality or dose targets.
MyXrayDose has been developed with the time-poor health professional in mind. Once set up, studies are automatically coded, patient sizes determined, automated dose reports will be emailed directly to you at intervals you chose, requiring minimal ongoing effort to monitor dose trends and outliers.
Monitoring x-ray dose by itself provides an incomplete picture of performance. Without accurate image quality, patient size, and complete technique data you will be left with more questions than answers when investigating underlying causes of reduced image quality or elevated doses. We break the data down into a detailed comparison of technique factors, providing detailed statistics and guidance on all factors. Our approach allows rapid identification of the causes of reduced image quality or elevated procedure dose; whether it is with the equipment, clinical technique, or a combination of both. MyXrayDose puts you in control of image quality and dose management. We provide intuitive and easy to use data visualisation tools accessible through our web interface. Expert users can effortlessly navigate through large data sets for answers and compare factors influencing dose performance against live data.
Connection to the DoseNode can be made directly from the PACS, directly from each x-ray modality or a combination of both. Multiple topologies are possible with an inherently scalable architecture. The flexibility of this system allows for different configurations to distribute network load and simplifies the installation across different network domains and geographical regions.
IQInsight analyses the images to extract image quality metrics and measure patient size from the CT image.
The reports can be made available either through a secure web interface or automatically emailed to your inbox.
Examples of reports proposed include:
- X-ray dose per procedure and per room, grouped for a valid comparison to international reference dose values.
- Trends in dose by procedure type and room over time.
- Average patient dose per standard procedure by operator compared to industry norms.
- Identification of factors with the greatest potential for dose reduction and strategies for reducing dose to patients.
- Detailed reports on technique factors affecting patient doses such as imaging geometry, radiographic settings, number of acquisitions and frames, screening times etc.
- Quick Views
- We do the work to mine through the data and identify problem areas quickly and effortlessly.
Radiation dose monitoring during medical x-ray procedures is our business. We do not sell x-ray equipment and are independent of all x-ray equipment vendors so are free from any conflicts of interest between x-ray equipment sales and dose monitoring. We work to give you confidence that the advice we provide is independent and objective for the benefit of you and your patients.
- Establish consistent diagnostic imaging performance for a consistent diagnosis
- Keep patient x-ray doses As Low as Reasonably Achievable without compromising diagnostic quality
- Keeps your Radiation Protection effort efficient and effective through easy identification of high priority areas
- Comprehensively meet regulatory patient dose monitoring obligations with minimal effort
- Identify problem techniques, find solutions and monitor the effectiveness of changes all from one place
- Dose, Technique, Patient Size &Image Quality data is collected or calculated to provide a complete picture
- Highly automated for minimal ongoing effort – Automated coding and report generation
- All modalities: CT, Angiography, Fluoroscopy, Digital Radiography, Mammography, Dental
- Conventional Radiography Exposure charts including dose data derived from physics measurements
- From organization-wide overview to the evaluation of a single x-ray protocol in a few clicks
- Customised user access control from the whole service to an individual machine
- Advanced physics and statistics engine operating transparently in the background doing the hard work for you.
- Industry standard DICOM compliant Store and MPPS connectivity
- Customizable Diagnostic Reference Levels (DRL) for dose comparison & alerts
- Seamless integration into your normal workflow
- Automatic Angiographic Peak Skin Dose report generated if hazardous thresholds reached
- Protocol comparison tools
- Modality-Specific Study and Series Dashboards
- Connect directly to PACS or x-ray modality or a combination of for flexible network topology
- Data extracted from any standard DICOM sources including Radiation Dose Structured Reports (RDSR), DICOM Image Header, MPPS messages
- “Screen scrape” of Dose Report for legacy CT and Angiography systems
- ACR Dose Registry ready
- Patient size calculated from Monte-Carlo based transmission simulations for accurate patient radiographic thickness calculations
- Image contrast, noise and resolution metrics calculated for each clinical image
- Real-time, scalable, and easy to use
- Create an image improvement project with predefined image quality and dose targets to get consistent imaging across your imaging fleet